The home of glamour, technology, advancement and medical treatments also considered as the economic and financial hub of India. Mumbai has nothing lacking as a city. It provides its best when it comes to various sectors. So why do we often leave out the medical sector? Mumbai gives its best when it comes to medical treatments, especially neurosurgery. After reading this you might ask a question what is neurosurgery?
Well Neurosurgery is a surgical treatment which is concerned with the therapies of any disorders in the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and extra-cranial cerebrovascular system.
So why to choose Mumbai for this surgery? The answer is simple because there are some of the best neurosurgeons in Mumbai. Neurosurgeons in Mumbai are well trained, they know exactly what is to be done and how it is to be done. They are surgical experts with high success rates in their field. Many people around the world turn to Mumbai for their surgery, as the doctors are so well experienced and trained it becomes hard to resist.
Not only the neurosurgeons but along with them the technology they use. Neurosurgeons in Mumbai use the most advanced technology available, these technologies provide for a successful surgery.
Now you might be thinking if the surgeons are experts and they use advanced techs wont the cost be high? The answer to that is even more simple, No. The cost of Neurosurgery in Mumbai is very cheap and affordable. Although the exact cost of neurosurgery in Mumbai cannot be said, because it depends on the type of neurosurgery you want done and the hospital you choose. But the cost is affordable, you would not have to burn out your pockets as you might have to in western countries. Along with reduced cost, extra facilities and care that is provided after the surgery is top notch.
So, a refined list of some of the best neurosurgeons in Mumbai is given below:
- Dr. Parekh K Doshi
- Dr. Alok Sharma
- Dr. Abhaya Kumar
- Dr. Anil Karapurkar
- Dr. Deepu Banerji
- Dr. Harshad Parekh
- Dr. B K Misra
- Dr. Vinod Rambhal
- Dr. Milind Vaidhya
- Dr. Muhammad L. Farooq
And, a list of some of the finest hospitals for neurosurgery in Mumbai is given below:
- Nanavati Hospital
- Global Hospitals, Parel
- L. Raheja Hospital, Mahim
- Kohinoor Hospital, Kurla
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund
- SevenHills Hospital
- Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai Central
- Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi
- Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road
- JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai
To give you further insight on Neurosurgery, let’s see some of the different types of neurosurgery
Types of Neurosurgery
- Vascular neurosurgery
- Stereotactic neurosurgery, functional neurosurgery, and epilepsy surgery the latter includes partial or total corpus callosotomy – severing part or all the corpus callosum to stop or reduce seizure spread and activity, and the surgical removal of functional, physiological and/or anatomical pieces or divisions of the brain, called epileptic foci, which can be operated, and which are causing seizures.
- Oncological neurosurgery also called neurosurgical oncology; involves pediatric oncological neurosurgery;